How-to-create-a-landing-page-without-a-website-Ask any marketer and they’ll tell you: the first crucial step in establishing a professional online presence is having a great website. But if you really want to generate leads, referrals and sales – a killer landing page (a.k.a. ‘LP’) is the answer. Luckily, the GetResponse landing page builder is here to help with completely customizable free landing page templates.
What are landing pages good and how to-create a landing page without a website?
In online marketing, landing pages are used to drive visitors towards conversion by getting them to click through to a specific action. That action could be anything from encouraging users to make a purchase on your online store, to subscribing to your mailing list, or countless other actions. Whatever it is, there should be just one, clearly-defined CTA (call-to-action). As opposed to a full-blown professional website, a landing page is a single page with a highly specific target: getting visitors to click through to your end goal. When done well, a good LP can hugely up your chances of success.
What does this actually mean?
- In terms of content, the landing page has one simple message to convey. It promotes the desired action and sticks to explaining the benefits of performing this action.
- The design of the page needs to focus on supporting this objective and nothing else. This also means that the website design should be clean and simple, so as to ensure a smooth browsing experience and not to compete for the viewers’ attention.
- The ultimate goal of a landing page is to make site visitors click. Both the design and the text of the page need to reflect that, so make sure that all buttons are labeled with clear microcopy and that they stand out against the page’s background.
- A landing page, as its name may suggest, is made up of one single page. You can divide it into separate sections, but you should stick to just one page that preferably isn’t too long.
- Headers, subheaders, buttons and images need to represent the page’s message in a powerful and effective way, while ensuring that all elements remain cohesive. Check out this selection of best landing page examples for inspiration.
- Unless you’re planning on designing your landing page from scratch, make sure you’re using a professional landing page template. This will help ensure that your LP doesn’t only look good, but also has a strong visual hierarchy that instantly leads your visitors exactly where you want them most.
You can start with this simple yet effective free template, which you can customize to suit your brand’s needs:
How do landing pages actually work?
In order for the landing page to fulfill its purpose, you first need to drive traffic to it. This can be done in a few different ways:
- Utilize the power of email marketing to send the landing page to your subscribers via email.
- Post a link to your LP on social networks like Instagram or Twitter (with or without paying for an ad campaign).
- Add a link to the LP within a blog post. If you don’t already have one, this can be a good opportunity to start a blog.
- Optimize your landing page for search engines, by implementing advanced SEO features that can help boost your chances of getting found by organic (non-paid) search.
- Create a PPC ad campaign on search engines and link to the landing page.
These are all good methods to drive traffic to your landing page, but now you need to think about where to send visitors once they’ve clicked on your page. As mentioned earlier, the ultimate goal of a landing page is to get viewers to click, but where is that click taking them?
Will they be redirected to a shopping cart? An online form? An inner page within your company’s main website? Think carefully about the next step and create an easy path for viewers to get there with a single click.
Here’s an example of a powerful landing page that we created. For more inspiration, check out these landing page examples, as well as Wix’s Landing Pages board on Pinterest.
What to keep in mind when creating-a-landing-page-without-a-website
Ready to improve your online presence with a powerful landing page? Browse through these free landing page templates, designed specifically to help you generate clicks. Choose the theme or design that best relates to your field and add in your own images, text and links.
Here are the main points to keep in mind when creating a landing page:
- Define your goal. Pinpoint what you want your LP to achieve and stay consistent throughout every detail of your site.
- Create visual hierarchy. Decide which elements are the most important and make them stand out.
- Generate action with a CTA. Make it clear to your LP visitors what they should do. These call-to-action examples will give you a solid starting point.
- Craft a captivating design. Engage your site visitors with an eye-catching design that will make them want to click and discover more. You should also opt for a strategic layout. As Emannuel Schwab, Creative Acquisition Manager at Wix, explains, “Most visitors don’t scroll all the way to the bottom of a landing page. To make this marketing tool more effective and create the best user experience, place your design and content above the fold.”
- Write killer copy. Keep your text succinct and informative, with enticing headers that will give your visitors a reason to read on.
- Utilize images. Set the tone and charm your visitors with impactful visuals. They can also help illustrate what it is that you’re all about.
- Highlight the value. Let people know how clicking on the CTA will benefit them. What will they get out of it?
- Go for the hard sell. Don’t be afraid to be direct. Remember, you’ve created an LP for a reason, so go for it.
Let’s get technical
Here’s a step-by-step checklist for how to create your landing page without a website:
- Select a landing page template.
- Give your landing page a name.
- Add your unique content.
- Include striking images.
- Choose a relevant domain name.
- Make sure all your links and CTAs are working.
- Complete your meta description and SEO title.
Expert tip: One of the greatest advantages of landing pages is that they are relatively easy to make. This means that you can create more than one landing page and test the performance of multiple designs, using A/B tests. This technique will take your online marketing to a much more professional level. It can teach you a lot about your target audience and help you focus your messaging in the future.
Landing page resources
- Take a look at this article for more landing page best practices.
- Strengthen your online presence with our extensive eBook on how to create a landing page.
- For additional in-depth tips, download our free landing page checklist